MAKE YOUR NEW YEARS PARTY BANG WITH THESE DELICIOUS APPETIZER AN DRINK RECIPES.
Bloomin Onion Bread
· 1 unsliced loaf of (round is preferable) sourdough bread
· 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, thinly sliced
· 1/2 cup butter, melted
· 1/2 cup finely diced green onion, including white part
· 2-3 tsp poppy seeds
· Using a sharp bread knife cut the bread going both directions
· Do not cut through the bottom crust
· Places slices of cheese between cuts
· Mix together butter, onion, and poppy seeds
· Pour over bread
· Wrap in foil the entire thing in foil and place on a baking sheet
· Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
· Bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted
· 8 slices of bacon (I used a nice thick bacon)
· 8 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
· canola oil
· kosher salt
· 1 1/2 C. grated sharp cheddar cheese
· 1 C. sour cream
· 4 green onions, sliced
· Preheat the oven to 400 F
· Rub the outside of the scrubbed potatoes with canola oil
· Place on foil lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the potatoes are fork tender
· Let potatoes cool so they are easy to handle
· Slice in half lengthwise
· With a spoon or small scoop, scrape out the inner flesh of the potatoes, leaving a small margin of potato in the skins
· Brush both sides of the potato skins with canola oil and salt liberally
· Place the skins cut side down on the pan and return to the oven
· Bake for 7 minutes and then flip the skins over to the other side
· Bake for 7 minutes more or until the skins are crispy.
· Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet and chop into small bits
· Set aside
· Grate the cheese
· When the skins are crisp, remove them from the oven and sprinkle each with cheese and bacon pieces
· Return to the oven just until the cheese melts (2 minutes)
· Just before serving, spoon sour cream onto each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onion
· Serve piping hot
Yummy Ranch & Ham Cheese Ball
8oz cream cheese (I prefer light because it is softer and easier to spread)
1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix (I used homemade)
1/2-3/4 cup very finely diced ham (I chopped mine in the food processor)
1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
Beat cream cheese and ranch dressing mix till smooth. Add ham and cheese and mix well. Wrap in plastic wrap and form into a ball or log. Chill for at least an hour. Unwrap and roll in chopped nuts. Re-wrap and chill. Serve with crackers.
Caramelized Baked Chicken Party Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
(makes about 3 quarts)
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen red raspberries
in syrup, thawed
1/3 cup Real Lemon - Lemon Juice from concentrate
1/2 cup sugar
1 (750mL) bottle Rose wine, chilled (Gallo is good)
1 quart Raspberry Sherbet
1 (750mL) bottle Asi Spumante or champagne, chilled
In blender container, puree raspberries. In large punch bowl, combine pureed raspberries, Real Lemon Juice, sugar and wine; stir until sugar dissolves. Just before serving, scoop sherbet into punch bowl; add Asti Spumante. Stir gently. Serve.
NOTE: I also add 3/4 quart of Club Soda to this recipe.
Party Punch VI
"This punch is easy to make, and is great for parties of all kinds. Strawberry sherbet, fruit punch and lemon-lime soda."
1/2 gallon strawberry sherbet
2 (64 fluid ounce) bottles fruit punch
1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored
carbonated beverage, chilled
Place sherbet in punch bowl. Pour in fruit punch and lemon-lime soda.